Friday, April 13, 2012

Another Foil Contour Variation

It is our last day of Spring Break -- a rainy day with thunder and lightening and I am alternating between making asparagus soup, reading a fairly entertaining "who done it" book and fooling around with the art materials I have out on my dining room table. I figure that all these activities beat cleaning the house, ironing or weeding out old clothes from a closet (all things I considered doing!).

So, here is a variation of the geometric foil shapes I posted about last week (here).
This time I started with organic shapes of foil and outlined with a Sharpie marker.

I left a blank, white space between the watercolor contours so that the colors of primary colored paint would not run into each other.
I found that I wasn't as pleased with the overlapping results of this variation so I may try another version before the day is out.
Right now, though, it is back to the book:)) Hope everyone has a happy Spring weekend before heading back to school next week:))

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea.
    Teaching contouring and organic shapes at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my time with the kids is so limited it is always good to accomplish more than one goal at a time. I like the graphic line designs your kids did, too:))

      Delete