Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Winding Down

We are having hotter than usual weather around here so it was time to "hole in" and finish a project that has been waiting patiently to be finished for quite awhile. The quilt top has been done for a year or two and I FINALLY quilted it and I'm ready to use it this Fall!!

And, sadly, last week I ate my last Blenheim apricot and baked the last apricot pie of the season. It's one of my favorite aspects of the summer! When that was done it was time to get my class schedule ready for the 2012-13 school year -- almost done with that!! It was a productive week!

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I am winding down also trying to squeeze in as much personal project stuff I can while also trying to finish up seating charts and room set-up! Have great Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the quilt is gorgeous! The colors are so rich and make me think of springtime as autumn approaches. It is so nice when projects finally get finished, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt is on my bed now and I am LOVING it!! It really is like a burst of Spring and I can imagine how cozy it will seem in the dead of winter!! I haven't put the sewing machine away, hoping for the motivation to finish the OTHER quilt that has been in progress (but mostly on the shelf) for over a year!!!

      Delete